Quirky Turkey – you can’t quite believe your eyes
- Linguistic Idiosyncrasies – Signs, Labels and Menus That Don’t Necessarily Helpby Mike VickersWhen two languages clash, the outcome can frequently range from confusion to hilarity. Here’s a few examples we’ve come across over the years.
- If It Moves…by Mike VickersAnother look at the vast subject that is Turkish transportation. Did you know I once saw two Friesian cows in a minibus and a full-length ladder being carried sideways on a scooter?
- Once Seen Never Forgottenby Mike VickersWhen was the last time you did a double-take? It’s an almost daily occurrence in our lives when we see something incredibly beautiful or just joyously eccentric. My neck muscles have never been more toned!
- Uniquely Turkish Transportationby Mike VickersYou see all sorts on the roads in Turkey, where necessity is very much the mother of invention. I always keep my camera handy when out and about to snap the truly wonderful.
- Collective Nounsby Mike VickersThey’re all here – a piglet of peppers, a slurring of gin and a pandemic of toilet rolls, all thrown together for a bit of fun.